Rainy Season is here, at may mga bago nanamang disease na pwedeng makuha dahil dito.
We have common illness that is associated with the rainy season. These are some common illness during rainy period:
· Dengue -This is a common diseases in tropical and sub-tropical countries like Philippines. It is transmitted through the bite of an aedes agypti or known as mosquito. According to WHO or World Health Organization, it is fatal at mga bata ang kadalasang nagkakaroon nito. How to prevent this disease?
First, covers those open water pails or drums to avoid mosquitoes from breeding.
Next, replace waters on your flower vases once a week.
Third, Clean all the water containers every week, dapat matanggal ang mga mosquitoes eggs na maaring namahay na dito, also the gutters of leaves and debris, clean them. Collect and dispose all unusable tin cans, jars, bottles and other item that can collect and hold water.
· Cholera- It is an intestinal infection caused by contaminated food or water by the bacterium vibrio cholera. How will you avoid this illness? Just drink safe and clean water. Wash and cook your food properly.
· Respiratory Illness Or cough and colds- It is transmitted through contact with a person who has coughs or sneezes. To avoid this illness, cover your mouth when sneezing, wash your hand frequently, have some annual vaccine and distance yourself from people that is infected.
· Hepatitis A- It is caused by ingesting of food contaminated by a human waste and urine of those who has already Hepatitis A. To prevent from this illness, wash your hand before preparing food before eating. Cook the oysters, clams and other shellfish properly. Safe handling and storage of food and water.
· Leptospirosis - It is a bacterial infection transmitted when urine and feces of infected animals such as rodents, contaminate the soil, water, and vegetation. A person may get leptospirosis by ingesting contaminated food or water, when broken skin and open wounds, or when eyes, nose, sinuses and mouth come in contact with contaminated water (usually flood water) or soil.
Ngayon na alam mo na ang mga maaring makuhang sakit ngayong tag-ulan, maging maingat upang maiwasan ang mga nasabing sakit!