We definitely feel the heat, right? No need reminding on that. Although we have been warned that El Niño will be affecting the world, it is quite difficult to stay away from the sun especially during summer. There are news about heat strokes victims which is a serious threat. One thing we can do is familiarize ourselves with symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and know the ways we can do to alleviate the damage caused by it.
Here are a few early symptoms that you may want to check out not only on you, but especially the kids and even pets for an early detection on heat exhaustion that may lead to heat stroke.
- CLAMMY SKIN
If you experience or see these symptoms, here are a few things you have to do:
- Stay away from the sun. Go to a cool place
- Change to loose and breathable clothing
- Rest. You can sit or lie down with your feet propped up
- Hydrate. Drink cool water to replenish lost water
- Cool down. Get a cool cloth or ice pack and cool down your body, especially these areas: Groin, underarms, nape, neck, forehead
Prevention is better than cure. Stay away from the sun as much as possible. Do not forget to hydrate. Drink water even if you’re not thirsty to replenish and cool down your body. Don’t go out without sun protection. Keep these tips in mind to be ready with battling the extreme heat. Stay safe, everyone!